TruNEST Punch optimizes material utilization and productivity for CNC Punching and Forming of sheet metal.
TruNEST Punch combines multiple highly efficient nesting algorithms and automatic feature recognition tooling algorithms with a variety of punching and forming-specific cutting optimizers to minimize material handling, increase machine throughput, optimize tooling, and increase material efficiencies.
TruNEST Punch optimizes the entire process by utilizing multiple automatic and material-specific techniques, such as: common line punching, feature-based tooling, tool cycle optimization, re-positioning, special tool recognition, trap door scrap and part removal, trapezoidal tabbing, and standard tool station configurations - just to name a few. The user has complete control over how and when these techniques are applied and can set them to be material-specific defaults.
Standard Features Include
- Automatic Feature Based Tooling – utilizes feature recognition to apply available standard and special tooling to the parts in a nest.
- Tool Cycle Optimization - automatically optimizes the cycling of different tools that will be used in a single nest while minimizing tool changes and adhering to tool use priorities.
- Common Line Punching - merges tool paths for parts in a nest that are nested within a specified distance and can be punched with a common tool hit. It is not limited by part shape or nested angle and manual intervention is required.
- Part Tabbing - automatically and/or interactively joins a part or parts to the skeleton of material at user defined locations.
- Marking / Etching / Scribing – allows user to associate information to each part and have it placed or etched automatically by NC command.
- Open Order Tracking – manages scheduled orders during the nesting and cutting process
- Skeleton Cutting - automatically generates NC commands to cut the plate skeleton into small user definable pieces for easy removal from the table.
- Control Specific Post Processor
- Efficient Tool Cycles
- Reduced Material Handling
- Minimized ProgrammingMaterial Savings
- Increased Productivity
- Higher Quality
- Repeatable and Accountable Process